The well-known stereotype is to go backpacking through Europe. There are some pros and cons to the backpack.
- You don’t have to worry about the wheels of your suitcase breaking on cobblestones.
- It’s a lot easier to get on and off of trains and public transportation.
- You can tie stuff to your pack if there isn’t room.
- You can buy patches from all the places you visit and put them on your back like badges of awesomeness.
- You can use it as a pillow when you’re lying on a park bench resting.
- You’ll look super legit.
- Carrying everything on your back gets really heavy. Your back will want a massage (all the time).
- They’re big and sometimes you accidentally bump into people when you’re not paying attention.
- Having a big thing on your back makes your back super sweaty. This is a really big downside. Sweaty people have a harder time enjoying things.
- When you have a suitcase, you can bring a backpack as a supplement in case you need more room, but when your backpack is your suitcase, you don’t have that option.
- You either need to carry a purse as well (which can be awkward) for easy access to important things like a wallet and phone, or you have to take your backpack off and dig around every time you need to buy something.